Personal information we collect¶
Information you provide to us:
- Business Contact Information: If you are a representative of one of our actual or prospective customers, suppliers or business partners, we may collect personal information about you (such as your name, contact details and role) when entering into an agreement with your company and during the course of our relationship with your company.
- Account information, such as your name, email address, and other similar information when you register an account with us.
- Transaction information, such as your credit card or other payment information and authentication details when you purchase a license for the Services. We do not directly process your credit card information and instead rely on Stripe as our payment processor.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, reviews, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, services, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Information we obtain from third parties:
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 4G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, browsing history, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
- Email Open/Click Information. We may use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email that we may send to you.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How we use your personal information¶
To operate our Services:
- Provide, operate, maintain, secure and improve our Services.
- Provide information about our Services.
- Communicate with you about our Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Marketing and advertising. We may from time-to-time send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, notifying you of special promotions, offers and events via email. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below.
For research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve our Services and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve our Services and promote our business.
Compliance and protection. We may use personal information to:
Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims).
Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies.
Enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services.
Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
When you visit the careers portion of our website, we collect personal information that you provide to us in connection with your job application. This includes business and personal contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information of the type that may be included in a resume. This may also include diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We use this information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process employment applications, such as by evaluating a job candidate for an employment activity, and monitoring recruitment statistics. We may also use and share this information to provide improved administration of the website, and as otherwise necessary: (a) to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of us or others; or © in connection with a legal investigation.
How we share your personal information¶
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services (such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, insurers, and providers that assist with hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, and database management).
Authorities and others. We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Cross-border processing of your personal information
We are headquartered in the United States. To provide and operate our services, it is necessary for us to process your personal information in the United States. If we transfer personal information across borders such that we are required to apply appropriate safeguards to personal information under applicable data protection laws, we will do so. Please contact us for further information about any such transfers or the specific safeguards applied.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of email communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email.
Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through our Services, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our Services from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us better understand how people engage with the Services by collecting information and creating reports about how users use our Services. For more information on Google Analytics, click here. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, click here. You can opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt-out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We may retain your personal information for as long as it is reasonably needed in order to maintain and expand our relationship and provide you with our services; in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations; or to protect ourselves from any potential disputes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of such information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of such information, the purposes for which we process it, and the applicable legal requirements.
Other sites, mobile applications and services
Our Services may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, misuse, loss, disclosure, alteration and destruction of personal information we maintain. Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information. In the event that we are required to notify you about a situation involving your data, we may do so by email or telephone to the extent permitted by law.
Our Services are not intended for children, and we do not collect personal information from them. We define “children” as anyone under 18 years old. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete the information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us via the contract information noted below.
How to contact us¶
If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.